Acupuncture Office Policies and Guidelines
Renée S. Melfi, M.D., P.C. acupuncture practice does not accept insurance. Full payment is required at the time of service. We will, upon request, provide you with a superbill, which you may then submit to your insurance company.
Dr. Melfi is a triple-boarded medical sub-specialist with 15 years of higher education and medical training in addition to her certification in Medical Acupuncture. As such, our prices may be higher than those of a Licensed Acupuncturist.
A focused program that may include a brief history, formulation of treatment plan, and acupuncture treatments.
- Studies show that acupuncture is more effective in a group.
- Treatments will be in a large room, sitting in recliners.
- You will complete a brief questionnaire.
- Needles may be placed in the ears, scalp, forearms/hands, legs/feet.
- Treatment will last for 30 minutes once needles are in place.
- Billing tickets are not produced but you will be given a receipt.
- $65, direct pay. Insurance is not accepted.
Workers’ Compensation and No-Fault
Acupuncture treatment is available under Workers’ Compensation Guidelines and NYS No-Fault insurance here at Regenerative Spine & Musculoskeletal Medicine. Please talk with your provider for further information.
Please print the following paperwork and have it completed prior to your appointment, or plan to arrive early to complete your paperwork. If you don’t have your forms completed prior to arrival, it will take time from your session and treatment with Dr. Melfi.