What are dermal fillers?
- Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
- As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
- The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle.
What dermal fillers can do:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
The dermal fillers used at Renaissance Medicine include:
If you are looking for a non- surgical face lift or you just want to smooth out a few fine lines or fill in deep set wrinkles, injectables are for you. Millions of people use dermal fillers to achieve a more relaxed and smooth facial appearance while still having the freedom of expression.
As skin ages, it begins to lose collagen filled with hyaluronic acid (HA). Collagen and HA add structure and volume to the face, therefore a lack of HA causes the skin to sag and wrinkle – that’s where dermal fillers come into play.
Dermal fillers are smooth injectable gels made from naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. Dermal fillers add volume to weakened facial features and can stimulate collagen growth. Each dermal filler is unique in its own way but similar in two.
- First, they plump skin and gently lift it to restore collagen loss due to the normal aging process.
- Secondly, dermal fillers motivate the body to create its own natural collagen and restore your face to a more natural, youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers approved by the FDA are minimally invasive and very safe. As with any procedure, there are possible risks, the most common being post-procedure bruising and swelling which are usually very minimal and resolve quickly.
Dermal filler treatments typically take 20-40 minutes and the amount of dermal filler needed will depend on volume loss and the areas you would like to restore to its natural beauty. You should see results immediately after treatment.