Vampire Facelift® FAQs
How does the Vampire Facelift® work?
To understand how the Vampire Facelift® works, it is necessary to understand what it is combatting, and that is the natural aging of the face.
The face ages in two ways:
- There is loss of volume of bone, muscle, fat, and skin, causing a hollowness and loss of fullness under the eyes and cheeks. The skin no longer has a rosy look but rather appears gray and dull.
- The loss of elasticity and support of the skin causes drooping upper eyelids, lower eyelids, cheeks, and jowls, as well as sagging neck skin.
The Vampire Facelift® addresses both of these at once. First, the trained and certified physician uses dermal fillers to create a beautiful natural shape. Then, the trained physician isolates growth factors from the patient’s blood (PRP). When these growth factors enter the face (injected by the physician), the multipotent stem cells become activated to grow new tissue. This new tissue includes new collagen, new fatty tissue (for smoothness), and new blood vessels (for a healthy glow).
What is the difference between a Vampire Facelift® and Vampire Facial®?
The Vampire Facelift® is not the same treatment as the Vampire Facial®. Unlike the Vampire Facial®, the Vampire Facelift® uses dermal fillers. Thus, it is most appropriate for those who have lost volume in their face and need to have the addition of the dermal filler for a natural shape. Unlike most procedures, the Vampire Facelift® offers a way of both restoring shape, and improving tone and texture, as well as literally rejuvenating new and younger tissue!
What areas can be treated by the Vampire Facelift®?
- Lines at corners of the mouth (“bunny lines”)
- Dynamic wrinkles on the nose (“bunny nose”)
- Lines in corners of the eyes (“crow’s feet”)
- Forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Smile lines
- Plumping of the cheeks
How is the Vampire Facelift® performed?
Blood is drawn the same way as if you were giving blood for lab tests. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to separate and isolate the platelets, and the platelets are used to produce platelet-rich fibrin matrix (PRFM), the natural filler used to sculpt and contour the face.
- A topical anesthetic cream is applied to the face.
- The face is then thoroughly cleansed.
- A dermal filler is injected first to help improve the loss of volume. The filler is deliberately injected into specific areas of the face that define the Vampire Facelift®.
- Then the PRFM is injected. What’s amazing about PRFM is that it activates unipotent stem cells, which have the unique property of self-renewal. These unipotent stem cells generate new tissue much the same way as your skin repairs itself after a wound.
When will I start to notice a difference? What can I expect from the Vampire Facelift®?
Regenerative medicine does not produce instant results. Rather, during the course of a few weeks your body will start to make internal repairs, resulting in a more youthful appearance during that time. You may initially have some light swelling that subsides over a few days, but as the weeks pass, the growth factors work to increase production of collagen, and elastic fibers in the dermis. Blood supply also improves during this time. The result is a natural, rosy, glowing complexion almost immediately after the procedure, and continued improvement for approximately 12 weeks and final results that last about 12 or more months. Once we see the maximum results, we can perform maintenance treatments ~every 12 months as needed.
What can I expect afterwards?
You may want to plan on 24-72 hours of mild swelling. This can be alleviated by keeping your head elevated above your heart approximately 30 degrees even when sleeping.
What can I apply to my face afterwards?
You will be given post procedure instructions; however, it is very important to use a skin care regimen including a facial moisturizer. Our office recommends Altar™ and it is the official Vampire Skin Therapy™. The patented ingredient in Altar™, SBD-4, works synergistically to enhance the effects of the previous steps and to help supply blood flow to fragile new growth of healthy pleuripotent stem cells.
- Only certified providers of the Vampire Procedures (Facelift® and Facial®) offer this very important skin care step.
Who can perform the Vampire Facelift®?
Only physicians listed on www.vampirefacelift.com are qualified to do the procedure, know the associated trade secrets and deliver the true Vampire Facelift®. Dr. Melfi trained directly with Dr. Charles Runels, the creator of the procedure and is listed as a trusted provider on the website. The name is protected by U.S. trademark and patent law. Many men and women are excellent candidates for the procedure. Dr. Melfi would be happy to complete a consultation to determine if you are one of them.