Micro-Needling helps to combat visible signs of aging. You will see a brighter tone, improved texture, and smoothing of fine lines as your body produces more collagen.
What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-Needling is a non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure. At Renaissance Medicine we utilize an FDA approved Micro-Needling device, the Skin Pen, to help erase wrinkles and improve your skin texture and tone. It is also used to improve scars. Micro-Needling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen. The idea is that pinpricks from the procedure cause slight injury to the skin and that the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue.
This new skin tissue is, in turn, more even in tone and texture. It is normal for the skin to lose collagen via age or injury. By encouraging the skin to make new tissue, there may be more collagen to help make the skin firmer, too.
Steps of the Micro-Needling Procedure:
- You wash your face to remove all make-up and impurities.
- A topical anesthetic cream is applied to your face to make the procedure comfortable.
- Your skin is thoroughly cleansed again.
- The provider uses a micro-needling device to create micro-punctures creating stimulus for tightening and rejuvenation of the collagen of the face.
- The skin tightens and glows with color, and scarring softens for a beautiful, younger and natural looking result.