Are there any “Do’s and Dont’s” on the day of a treatment?
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. You may be asked to change into a gown if necessary.
- Do not eat an unusually large meal immediately before or after your treatment.
- Refrain from overexertion, working out, drugs or alcohol for 6 hours after the treatment.
- Plan your activities so that after the treatment you can get some rest. This is especially important for the first few visits.
- Continue to take any prescription medicines as directed by your regular doctor.
- Remember to keep good mental or written notes of what your response is to the treatment. This is important for your doctor to know so that the follow-up treatments can be designed to best help you and your problem.
- You may feel profoundly relaxed after your treatment. Feel free to bring someone with you to drive you home.
- You may bring water with you for after your treatment, and drink plenty of water the rest of the day after your treatment.